Monday, May 14, 2007

Cell Phone Loyalty

I just wanted to take a moment to give some kudos to Nokia cellular phones.
I got my first Nokia cell phone in about 2001, I signed up for a 3 year contract and got a free phone. I never had a case for that phone and I am the first to admit I am a very bad phone abuser.

By the time the 3 year contract was up and I qualified for another free phone, the first one was probably being held together by rubber bands, tape or both.
With the next 3 year renewal I got another Nokia phone, I didn't consciously choose Nokia, I think it came with a pretty cover or something petty like that, well, in 2006 and qualified for another upgrade with contract renewal. Oops, I went into The Source and got 'talked into' some goofy thing with MP3 and camera capabilities. I didn't even need the phone because the Nokia with the pretty faceplate could still do everything (even with no numbers and while held together with tape or elastic), I just needed a charger which was $30, or I could get a new phone (with charger) for $15.

So 'upgrade' I did, actually what really happened was that I downgraded, to a motorolla.

The day after I bought it I realized I didn't want the camera and that I had made a huge mistake, I went back to the Source and was told 'no refunds or exchanges'. Within a week or two I had dropped the piece of crap, just like normal, only this time the freaking thing stopped working, well, that's not entirely true, you just couldn't text, add a contact to the phone book or do anything other then dial or answer calls.

Well, eventually I paid $30 to have my sim card reset to Nokia, $30 more for a charger, and went back to the rubber band wonder, after a while I had someone graciously donate an old Nokia artifact and I realized that I am totally Nokia loyal and I don't think I will EVER go to any other brand of phone (unless they realize their products are too high quality and start lowering their standards).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home