Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Micheal Levy

The trial for Micheal Levy's attackers gets underway.
Micheal Levy is an 18 year old from Langley who was at a dance in Surrey this past October. The trial started yesterday for 4 - 17 year olds who are charged with pepper/bear spraying him, and then whacking him over the neck with a hatchet 4 times; leaving him a quadriplegic.
I have a 20 year old brother so things like this really hit home for me, what is especially disturbing is when there doesn't seem to be any provocation or 'reason' whatsoever.
I guess that kind of sounds like I think behaviour like this is sometimes justified, I don't think so, but if there was a previous confrontation, or some indication of a problem, I think a person could protect themselves better.
I guess the bottom line would sort of be that, no matter who we are, what we do, where we do it or who we do it with, we all have to behave defensively as if we have a violent enemy out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home