Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas season.
'Wii' did.
I had an opportunity to be one of the best moms and had a wii under the tree. I normally would never buy into such materialistic nonsense. Last year the big gift was a portable dvd player. Since we don't have cable and we only have one tv this was a great way that everyone doesn't always have to watch the same thing, we can rent 2 movies at a time and they don't all have to be for kids lol.
The thing was, Santa got a LOT of credit since he brought it, same with the game boy the year before that. This year I beat him to the punch with the wii, my son had told me bofore Christmas that he knew only Santa would ever bring a wii since I wouldn't spend that much money on him (Portable DVD and Game Boy used as examples).

Christmas Eve I made my first turkey, I want to say by myself but my Mom was there holding my hand. I was quite pleased because the turkey wasn't dry and I managed not to get anyone sick with salmonella *golf claps*.
My Aunt and Cousin joined the rest of us, it was a bit crowded but very cosy and festive, we got to catch up and take pictures, listen to Christmas carols and get full.

On Boxing Day I was in Surrey doing a turkey dinner for the homeless ladies out there.
I can't begin to express how rewarding it was, even with the negative feedback I had recieved.
I have rarely ever seen a group of people who were so appreciative of something so considerably small
It was a really emotional night for me. Most of the girls said it was their best Christmas in years, for some it was their best Christmas ever. That does make me sad that prior to this, probably with unahppy homes or in foster care, the best christmas was one spent on the streets, anyways, I am just so proud and happy to have been a part of it.
I absolutely can not wait until next year to do it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home