Thursday, November 02, 2006

Please slow down




I am a little frustrated with my city right now, I live in a beautiful area of my town, lots and lots of trees, which at this time of year means lots and lots of leaves. As you travel down the hill, past the piles on the piles of leaves, you come to a lamp standard adorned with flowers and notes. This pole is where, on October 24, 2004, a neighbor of mine was killed when his car hit a pile of leaves, lost control and crashed. The pole was ripped right out of the ground, he was 21 and his girlfriend was pregnant with their second daughter. I don't even know if they knew yet at the time.
Sadly, even with the memorial as a reminder, a) the leaves are still there, and b) people speed down the hill (as they cut through our neighborhood towards home in other areas or cities) at speeds that seem to increases each day.
I am frustrated, I want you all to remember to slow down, and also to remember and respect the people who live around you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home