Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ahhh stress

Good ol' stress.
One can always count on stress to be around can't we?
I believe if it's utilized to it's full capacity it can be a great tool. It shows us what we're made of; our true mettle.

I've been lucky. I learned a while ago how to use this to my advantage, not to say that it's always easy, or that I don't feel stress any more; but in times when I feel pain, anxiety, fear or stress (let's call it PAFS so we don't have to keep seeing the words), I find it often helps me to go over some of my favourite quotes.

One that stands out is 'We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey'. That's how I feel about my pain and my stress. What else can you do with it? Some say give it wings and let it fly away, and while that is probably something some people can do, I am not really one of them. If anything, when I try I simply give it paws with which to dig down and bury itself in my being. Of course leaving it to fester and resurface later (like now).


I do try to remember the serenity prayer.
It is so simple, yet so profound.
But when we don't know it, we can't use it to ease our burdens.
It's so straightforward there isn't much more I can say about it...
I guess it doesn't really ease our burdens, but if we actually stop to think about it, it should at least be able to put them in perspective.

After staring at this image for the last 5 minutes and thinking about things I can say to fill the space beside it I feel a little better.
Of course, it is a prayer, a request, more then a quote exactly, but it seems to have the same effect on me.




There have been many times of PAFS and continue to be. Like when my brother first left, while he was gone, when he left again, and while he's still gone and probably soon to leave again.
When facing moving to another city and the countless things that go along with that large bouts of PAFS come on, I tried to give them wings but I recently found them buried and still unaddressed. If I burn them for fuel, then my gas bill should be lower and stuff will get done, the things that my wisdom tells my strength that I can change.

Will the PAFS, especially the S always be here? Does it ever end? If it did end, what would I become? Does it end when you truly know how strong you are? Or if it isn't there to consintantly remind me, will I lose the strength I need to get through it?
Sometimes I think that I can't wait for it to all settle down, to not have to focus myself on so many things. Yet every time I turn around I seem more then happy to take on another cause or concern. Maybe that's what makes me who I am.
Also, some say the stress doesn't stop until you die, perhaps if it doesn't kill me, not only will it make me stronger, but it will also keep me going for many, many years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home